Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Treasurer Stepping Down



Photo Courtesy of Don Linebaugh
Don Linebaugh, VAF Treasurer the past ten years, is stepping down. Long-time Director of Historic Preservation at the University of Maryland, Linebaugh will be taking on the additional role of Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in the School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation, which will prevent him from continuing his VAF work.
            
“Dennis Domer, the previous Treasurer, got me to say yes when I had had one too many beers,” remembers Linebaugh. “I continued because I enjoyed getting to meet great folks who have become close friends and colleagues over the years. I also liked the sense that I was contributing to an important organization that is close to my heart.”
            
“Don has not only given many years of valuable serve to the organization,” responded Chris Wilson to the news, “but also was an indispensable advisor to me as I got up to speed as VAF President this past year. He and Secretary Gabrielle Lanier have provided similar continuity for a succession of new presidents.”
           
The Nominating Committee, chaired by VP Claire Dempsey, is working to identify a replacement. Basic financial and accounting experience is sufficient for the position, although the establishment of a VAF endowment also makes investment experience desirable. The job requires about a day a month of work, then multiple days before each of two board meetings, and around tax and audit times.
             
Please contact Claire Dempsey, dempseyc@bu.edu, if you are interested in the job, or if you know of someone who might have the necessary experience . . . and also might like to share a glass of Leinenkugel’s.